A Place to Belong
This is a place where everyone is welcome, relationships are valued, and friends are made. We want everyone to know and experience the love of God. We embrace diversity, nurture a sense of belonging, and appreciate each individual before discussing spiritual and religious beliefs. Christ-centered love and inclusive belonging are important core values of this community of faith.
A Place To Grow - In Faith and Discipleship
St. Mark’s is a place where people experience spiritual growth through inspiring worship, relevant sermons, faith formation classes, and discipleship small groups. This is where God becomes real, faith is formed, and discipleship becomes a way of life.
A Place to Serve
Empowered by the love of God and inspired by the example of Jesus Christ, the people of St. Mark’s are motivated to love our neighbor, serve our community, and make a difference in the world. In partnership with local service agencies, ecumenical churches, and Lutheran organizations we engage our community, work for justice, and generously donate our time, money, and resources to help others and live a life of service.
What We Believe
- In the Triune God — Creator, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died on the cross to forgive our sin and rose from the dead to give us life.
- We look to the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (commonly called the Bible) to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- The Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion are a gift of God’s grace.
- God reaches out and comes to us through Word and Sacrament to offer love, forgiveness, and salvation by connecting us to the death and resurrection of Jesus.
- Those who believe in Jesus are saved by God’s grace (not by good works or deeds)
- The Holy Spirit creates faith and continues to strengthen and sustains our faith in Jesus Christ and the life we have in him.
- The Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed are statements that confess what we believe.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ inspires us to live by faith and serve others in all that we do.